Bike to Work Day, 2013 - Thurs. May 9
Live in SF and work in the south bay somewhere? Join SF2G for BTWD! Our goal this year is over 600 riders, so please join in! Everyone is welcome, no matter who you work for. Note: distances are based on the final destination being in/near Mountain View.The plan is to ride one of these routes:
Where: Meetup at the 24th and Mission BART plaza
When: Group photos will happen at 6:25am and rollout will be at 6:30am.Be sure to get there early so you can find people who are going on the route you want to take.
SFBC Engergizer station! Odwallas and snacks!The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition will be at the start hosting an Energizer Station from 5:30-6:30am with snacks, drinks and Bike to Work Day musette bags to help send us on our way! More details on the San Francisco Bike to Work Day celebrations.
Millbway:Head down to BART at 6:30 and get on the 6:41 Millbrae bound train.
Pace will be relaxed, in the 15mph range. Please be sure your bike is ready and you are capable of riding 40+ miles. We will have sweepers to guide everyone, but we can't carry you.
This is awesome, but I'm not sure I can make it
No problem, SF2G is hosting a series of training rides to make it easy to get into the long route.
Each week in April before BTWD we'll have training rides that will target getting people to Google by 9:30am. We'll start with easy 12.5 mile rides and work our way up to full bayways and skyline if you're more ambitious. We suggest people start slowly with one or two rides per week. You don't need to do every training ride.
- Get famliar with the Caltrain Timetable.
- Get a Clipper Card. It's much easier and faster to get on caltrain and bart.
- Go over the New Riders page.
- Read our handy Checklist.
- Signup here!
Week 1 - To ease us into this, we're going to start with the Redwood City Way. Meet at Caltrain and take the 220 at 7:44am. You will want to be ready to get on the train 5min early. Caltrain likes to close the door to the platform early in order for the train to depart exactly on time.
- April 1, 2013 - Redwood City Way - Caltrain 220
- April 2, 2013 - Redwood City Way - Caltrain 220
- April 4, 2013 - Millbway - Caltrain 314 (BART @ 7:09 from 16th&Mission)
- April 5, 2013 - First Friday Friendly Frolic (FFFF)
Week 2 - Redwood City Way week 2.
- Thursday, April 11, 2013 - Redwood City Way - Caltrain 220
- Friday, April 12, 2013 - Redwood City Way - Caltrain 220